Newspapers Canada is pleased to announce the winners of the 2013 Great Idea Awards. This year's competition drew 260 entries from 51 daily and community newspapers from across the country. The winning entries demonstrate the very best in newspaper marketing and promotion and showcase the impressive creativity of the industry.
Click here to view the 2013 Great Idea Award winners »
- The Abbotsford News received 11 awards including two first place awards for Newspaper Marketing and Promotion and Digital Innovation.
- The Vancouver Sun received five first place awards within its circulation class at this year's competition. The daily paper cleaned up in Digital Innovation category, collecting first, second and third place awards.
- The Powell River Peak received five awards in total including the first place award for Advertising – Print.
- The Toronto Star won three awards and was the winner in the brand new Print Innovation category for its 3D embossed ad.
- The Guardian received three awards including first place prizes in the Promotional Campaign and Magazine categories.
Winners were recognized during the Great Idea Awards luncheon on Thursday, May 2 as part of the INK+BEYOND conference and trade show at the Westin Hotel in Ottawa, ON. The presentation ceremony provided an excellent opportunity for delegates to learn from award-winning publications about their successful promotions and campaigns.
For more information, please contact:
416-923-3567, ext. 321
For information on sponsoring this award,
416-923-3567, ext. 237