Newspapers Canada continues to work with Canada Post to make the process of delivering our newspapers efficient. Your input is very important to us. Please let us know if this column or others are helping you and share your suggestions for future articles by contacting Tina Ongkeko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Post Overview of Changes/Enhancements effective January 14 2013
Listed below is an overview of the Canada Post service enhancements/changes effective January 14, 2013, and also includes important reminders.
A detailed overview of these changes is available on the Canada Post website.
Key Changes within Unaddressed Admail – effective January 14 2013
- There will be no price increases for Unaddressed Admail in 2013.
- 2013 Unaddressed Admail Prices
- An updated list of High Demand Routes for January 2013 will be available on the Canada Post website at the end of July 2012 to assist you in planning your Unaddressed Admail mailings for next year.
- Remember to take full advantage of the tools and discounts available to you, such as the new interactive Precision Targeter application and the 10% Seasonality Discount available for Unaddressed Admail mailings deposited in January, February, June, July, August or December.
- Canada Post recently introduced an improved version of the Householder Counts and Maps online at canadapost.ca/householer.
Key Changes within Publications Mail – effective January 14 2013
- Maximum weight band of 100 g for Samples & Promotional Novelty items will be increased to 250 g! Canada Post is introducing a new “Over 100 g up to 250 g” weight band for Samples and Promotional/Novelty Items to Publications Mail to provide you with an opportunity to generate advertising revenue by offering your advertisers samples and promotional items with your publication.
- Attention Publications Mail Letter Carrier Presort (LCP) mailers: New 2D bar code container and shipping unit labels will be required effective January 14 2013.
The Software Evaluation and Recognition Program (SERP) will be updated to generate new container and shipping unit (pallets and monos) labels with a 2D Data Matrix bar code.
The new SERP-generated container and shipping unit bar code labels with 2D Data Matrix will:
- Ensure your mail is directed to the appropriate work centre within a Canada Post facility.
- Provide new data fields for use by your business processes.
- Provide improved human-readable data elements and bar code content to streamline receiving and verification activities, and fast-track sortation and mail delivery.
- Provide a consistent and standardized format for presorted mail.
The new container and shipping unit labels with a 2D bar code impacts Publications Mail LCP mailings amongst other services identified within the Overview of Changes.
Using the updated SERP will ensure all your labels are properly created. Should you have any questions regarding the new SERP-generated 2D bar code container label, contact your SERP software provider for support.
The Canada Post Mail Preparation and Presortation Guides will be updated and available at canadapost.ca/mailpreparation.
2013 Publications Mail Price Sheet