- Entries must have been created and produced in Canada.
- Entries must have been published in a Canadian newspaper OR on a Canadian newspaper platform (website, mobile or tablet) OR via Canadian newspaper media on behalf of a client (e.g. event, twitter campaign, e-mail campaign)
- “Newspaper” applicable to: paid and free daily newspapers, and community newspapers.
- If an ad has won in a prior year, it is no longer eligible.
- Entries must have run between JUNE 1, 2014 and MAY 31, 2015.
- All decisions by the judges regarding eligibility and awards are final.
- Entries are all electronic and will be open on May 1, 2015.
Deadline for entries: Friday July, 10, 2015
All entries submitted will become the property of Newspapers Canada.
Entry Fee (Non-refundable)
- Automotive (Corporate / Brand) SINGLE
- Auto Dealer SINGLE
- Food, Beverages and Drug SINGLE
- Entertainment and Media Outlets SINGLE
- Fashion, Accessories and Home SINGLE
- Corporate and Financial SINGLE
- Public Service and Advocacy SINGLE
- Travel, Tourism, Transportation SINGLE
- Retail SINGLE
- Retail CAMPAIGN
- Local Ad (Product advertised must be local, run in one market only) SINGLE
- Local Ad (Product advertised must be local, run in one market only) CAMPAIGN
- National Ad (ran in one or more markets) SINGLE
- National Ad (ran in one or more markets) CAMPAIGN
SINGLE and CAMPAIGN accepted in each category:
- Best Use of Print Newspaper Medium
- Small Space Print Ad (1/4 page or less)
- Print Advertorial / Native Advertising
- Print Ad Supplement (flyer, special section or magazine)
- Online Ad on Newspaper Website: Any category SINGLE
- Online Ad on Newspaper Website: Any category CAMPAIGN
- Mobile Ad in Newspaper Mobile Product: Any category SINGLE
- Mobile Ad in Newspaper Mobile Product: Any category CAMPAIGN
- Tablet Ad in Newspaper Tablet Product: Any category SINGLE
- Tablet Ad in Newspaper Tablet Product: Any category CAMPAIGN
- NEW Digital Native Advertising (i.e. sponsored content) SINGLE
- NEW Digital Native Advertising (i.e. sponsored content) CAMPAIGN
Cool Other Categories
- NEW Augmented Reality Advertising SINGLE and CAMPAIGN accepted
- Multimedia CAMPAIGN: 2 or more ads for same advertiser appearing in multiple, different newspaper media (e.g. print, website, tablet, mobile, etc.)
- Innovation: Going beyond print newspapers. Using any newspaper media to promote an advertiser in a new or unique way, that may or may not include the print newspaper (e.g. such as a twitter campaign, events, e-mail program, etc.). SINGLE and CAMPAIGN accepted
Tips for Entry:
- Campaigns: Consist of a minimum of 2 ads.
- Entering same ad multiple times: You are welcome to enter the same ad in as many categories as applicable (note: entry fee required for each entry) as the same ad can win multiple times.
- Enter as Single & with Campaign: Single ads can be entered individually and then may also be entered as part of a campaign.
- Supplemental materials (not required): All ads are submitted electronically but if this does not highlight the entry to its fullest, you are welcome to submit a further description and/or a hard copy sample (neither of these is required).
- Difference: “Best use of print newspaper medium” and “Innovation”: The best use of print newspaper is for an ad(s) that appeared in the print product in a unique way. For the Innovation category, the print newspaper may or may not have been used but the ad/promotion was undertaken by a newspaper organization in a new or clever way.