- Entries must have been created and produced in Canada.
- Entries must have been published in a Canadian newspaper OR on a Canadian newspaper platform (website, mobile or tablet) OR via Canadian newspaper media on behalf of a client (e.g. event, twitter campaign, e-mail campaign)
- “Newspaper” applicable to: paid and free daily newspapers, and community newspapers.
- If an ad has won in a prior year, it is no longer eligible.
- Entries must have run between JUNE 1, 2012 and MAY 31, 2013.
- All decisions by the judges regarding eligibility and awards are final.
Deadline for entries: Friday, June 28, 2013
All entries submitted will become the property of Newspapers Canada.
Entry Fee (Non-refundable)
- Campaigns will be accepted in categories 10,13,14,18,20,22 and 23. Campaigns must consist of a minimum of two ads and a maximum of three.
- Automotive (Corporate / Brand)
- Auto Dealer
- Food, Beverages and Drug
- Entertainment and Media Outlets
- Fashion, Accessories and Home
- Corporate and Financial
- Public Service and Advocacy
- Travel, Tourism, Transportation
- Retail: Single
- Retail: Campaign
- Small Space Ad (1/4 page or less).
- Local Ad Single: Product advertised must be local
- Local Campaign: Local product run in one market only
- National Campaign: National Advertiser that ran in one or more markets
- Best Use of Newspaper Medium
- Ad Supplement
- Online Single (newspaper website): Online single ad – any category
- Online Campaign (newspaper website): Online campaign – any category
- Mobile Single: Phone ad – any category
- Mobile Campaign: Phone ad – any category
- Tablet Single: Tablet ad – any category
- Tablet Campaign: Tablet ad – any category
Cool other categories
- Multimedia Campaign: 2 or more ads for same advertiser appearing in multiple, different newspaper media (e.g. newspaper, newspaper site, newspaper mobile)
- Innovation: Going beyond print newspapers. Using newspaper media to promote an advertiser in a new or unique way (e.g. such as a twitter campaign, events, e-mail program, etc.)