Once again, the Great Idea Awards have partnered with Newspaper Toolbox to create a customized online entry platform to make the submission process quick and easy.
Step 1 – Submit an Entry:
Click on the Submit/Edit Entry link below and it will take you to Step 1 of this contest; submit entry. You will be asked to choose what category you wish to enter. Choose one and enter all the required fields for this step. Once you click on submit, you will be taken to Step 2.
Step 2 – Upload file(s):
There are several file formats available for upload. Please refer to the File Formats link on your page to find out exactly which formats can be uploaded. You can upload up to 5 files per contest entry. Take note that the length of time for uploading will depend on the size of your files. If you have any questions regarding this process please contact Taylor Kormann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-305-2262 x 333.
Step 3 – Make a Payment:
Once all entries have been uploaded you will be asked to submit payment. Visa and MasterCard will be accepted for online payment. We will also accept cheques. All payments must be made no later than the entry deadline, Friday January 30, 2015.
Entry fee: Flat fee of $50 plus 13% HST per newspaper.
Rules and Eligibility
- The Great Ideas Awards are open to all CCNA and CNA-member newspapers in good standing as of December 31, 2014.
- Newspapers may submit a maximum of five (5) entries per category. However, the same promotion cannot be submitted in multiple categories.
- All entries must be in an accepted file format (PDF, JPEG, DOC, GIF, XLS, PPT, FLV, MPG, WMV, MPEG, PNG, MOV, MP4.) A URL link to your website can be uploaded for website entries. Entries in the Special Section and Magazine categories must be submitted in hard copy as well as a digital copy of their entries. Digital files must be below 3 MB in size.
- For Special Section and Magazine entries, please attach a print out of the entry form to your entry and courier it to Great Idea Awards c/o Newspapers Canada, 890 Yonge Street, Suite 200, Toronto, ON, M4W 3P4.
- Entries published in sister papers must be entered in the circulation class applicable to the largest-circulation paper. Entries that do not meet this requirement will be disqualified.
Submissions become the property of Newspapers Canada and may be reproduced by Newspapers Canada in any of its publications. Entrants also grant permission to Newspaper Toolbox to archive submissions on its web site and publish extracts with proper attribution.
If you have any questions or require more information please contact Taylor Kormann at email@example.com.