Each year, Newspapers Canada's webinar training season features brand-new educational presentations covering a variety of subjects for all newspaper departments including management, editorial, marketing, advertising sales. circulation and more. Recordings of all webinars are available on the main webinar registration page.
Newspapers and individuals can purchase a subscription package for the complete series or register for individual presentations at a cost of $25 per session for members, or $50 for non-members.
Click the links below to learn more about Newspapers Canada's webinar training:
Click here to visit the main Webinar Registration Site »
For information about the Newspapers Canada webinar series, please contact Tina Ongkeko at email@example.com.
Newspapers Canada hosts a live webinar series from September to May each year. Live webinar presentations take place from 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM eastern time, unless otherwise noted. Webinars cover a variety of subjects for all departments including editorial, advertising and marketing.
Unable to attend the live session? Register anyway and you'll receive a digital recording of the webinar that you can view at your convenience.
Click here for the complete list and to register.
Subscribe to the series
Newspapers can also sign up for a full year's worth of webinars with an annual subscription. The cost of a subscription varies based on newspaper circulation size or company size.
Click here to view pricing details for annual subscriptions »
FAQs about Webinars
What is a webinar?
A webinar is a seminar delivered on the Internet. The webinar consists of two elements: the audio through VOIP or a conference call, and the visual presentation (often a Power Point) that you can watch on your computer screen.
Why should I attend a Newspapers Canada webinar?
- High quality content from Canadian and US colleagues in a short, concise format always less than one hour.
- Convenient online training means you don’t even have to leave your desk.
- Flexibility: If you miss the session, you can see the recorded video later.
What sort of topics are covered?
Sessions cover a variety of subjects for editorial, circulation, sales, and design departments.
When do the webinars take place?
Webinar presentations usually take place from 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM eastern time.
How much do webinars cost?
Newspapers Canada webinar presentations are $25 each for all Newspapers Canada members, and $50 each for non-members.
Why should I buy a subscription?
A webinar season subscription is a cost-effective and convenient way to provide one-stop training for your entire staff for less than the cost of a half-day seminar. Newspapers or individuals who sign up for a subscription will receive all new sessions and access to the online webinar archive.
Recordings of our past webinars are available on the main webinar registration page. Here are just a few of the over 60 webinar recordings available:
Advertising and Marketing Webinars
- New Research: Newspaper Media Drive Vehicle Sales! (FREE) - January 16, 2015
- Tooting Your Own Horn: Best Newspaper Marketing and Promotions, Great Idea Awards - November 6, 2014
- Money-Making Content Ideas for Newspapers (FREE) - June 5, 2014
- Social Media for Advertising Sales Success - January 14, 2014
- Excelling at Corporate Sales - May 21, 2013
- Excelling at Classified Sales - May 14, 2013
- Excelling at Retail Sales- April 2, 2013
- Super Sales Managers I and Super Sales Managers II - February 19 and March 5, 2013
- Selling Results, Not Space - October 17, 2011
Circulation and Reader Engagement Webinars
Editorial and Multimedia Webinars
Online and Social Media Webinars
Production and Design Webinars
Webinars for All Departments