Audience measurement data, SEO fundamentals, social media trends and single copy sales strategies are just some of the diverse topics Newspapers Canada will cover in its Fall 2013/Winter 2014 webinar series. Our current training season features ten brand new educational presentations covering a variety of subjects for all newspaper departments including management, editorial, marketing, advertising sales. circulation and more. Recordings of all webinars are available on the main webinar registration page.
Newspapers and individuals can purchase an annual subscription package for the complete series or register for individual presentations at a cost of $25.00 per session.
Click the links below to learn more about Newspapers Canada's webinar training:
Click here to visit the main Webinar Registration Site »
For information about the Newspapers Canada webinar series please contact Tina Ongkeko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2013/Winter 2014 Webinar Schedule
Please note, all webinar presentations take place from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST unless otherwise noted.
Unable to attend the live session? Register anyway and you'll receive a digital recording of the webinar that you can view at your convenience.
Optimizing Retailer Relationships: Growing Single Copy Sales
Original air date: Tuesday, October 29, 2013
The Art of the Comeback
Original air date: Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Social Search and How It's Changing Consumer Behaviour
Original air date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Social Media for Smaller Newsrooms
Original air date: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Social Media Analytics for Marketing Leaders
Original air date:Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Survey Says: Better Ways to Use Audience Measurement Data
Original air date: Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Social Media for Advertising Sales Success
Original air date: Tuesday, January 14, 2014
If You Build It, They Will Read!
Original air date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Search Engine Optimization for Publishers
Original air date: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Selling Audience: Why Your Future Depends on It
Original air date: Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Canada’s Anti-Spam Law: Are You Ready?
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Subscribe to the series
Newspapers can also sign up for the complete Fall 2013/Winter 2014 webinar series. The cost for the entire webinar season varies based on newspaper circulation size.
Click here to view pricing details for the 2013/2014 webinar series »
FAQs about Webinars
What is a webinar?
A webinar is a seminar delivered on the Internet. The webinar consists of two elements: the audio through VOIP or a conference call, and the visual presentation (often a Power Point) that you can watch on your computer screen.
Why should I attend a Newspapers Canada webinar?
- High quality content from Canadian and US colleagues in a short, concise format always less than one hour.
- Convenient online training means you don’t even have to leave your desk.
- Flexibility: If you miss the session, you can see the recorded video later.
What sort of topics are covered?
Sessions cover a variety of subjects for editorial, circulation, sales, and design departments.
In addition to these one-hour sessions, this year we are presenting a series of short (10-minute) sessions on research tips for journalists. Pick up some simple concepts on mapping and searches as well as using databases and spreadsheets.
When do the webinars take place?
The Fall 2013/Winter 2014 webinar schedule runs from October 2013 to February 2014. Presentations last on e husually taking place from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST.
How much do webinars cost?
Newspapers Canada webinar presentations are $25 for all CNA and CCNA members.
Why should I buy an annual subscription?
A 2013 webinar series subscription is a cost effective and convenient way to provide one-stop training for your entire staff for less than the cost of a half day seminar. Newspapers or individuals who sign up for an annual subscription will receive all 14 new sessions and access to the online webinar archive.
Recordings of our past webinars are available on the main webinar registration page.
- Optimizing Retailer Relationships: Growing Single Copy Sales - October 29, 2013
- The Art of the Comeback - November 5, 2013
- Social Search and How It's Changing Consumer Behaviour - November 12, 2013
- Social Media for Smaller Newsrooms - November 26, 2013
- Social Media Analytics for Marketing Leaders - December 10, 2013
- Survey Says: Better Ways to Use Audience Measurement Data - December 17, 2013
- Social Media for Advertising Sales Success - January 14, 2014
- If You Build It, They Will Read! - January 21, 2014
- Search Engine Optimization for Publishers - January 28, 2014
- Selling Audience: Why Your Future Depends on It - February 4, 2014
- Newspapers 101: Cross-Media Studies - June 25, 2013
- Great Idea Awards Newspaper Marketing Winners - June 4, 2013
- Excelling at Corporate Sales - May 21, 2013
- Excelling at Classified Sales - May 14, 2013
- NNA Multimedia Finalists - April 16, 2013
- Mobile Marketing for Executives - April 9, 2013
- Excelling at Retail Sales - April 2, 2013
- Search Engine Optimization for Newsrooms - March 26, 2013
- Search Engine Optimization for Executives - March 19, 2013
- Super Sales Managers II - March 5, 2013
- Social Media for Sales - February 26, 2013
- Super Sales Managers I - February 19, 2013
- Social Media for Newsrooms - February 12, 2013
- Social Media Overview for Executives - February 4, 2013
- Better Beat reporting - April 24, 2012
- Multimedia NNA Finalists - April 17, 2012
- The Art of the Obituary - March 27, 2012
- Design: Multimedia NNA Finalists - Tuesday, April 17, 2012 (Click to download)
- Online Sales - Tuesday, March 6, 2012
- New research launch: Newspapers 24/7 - February 22, 2012
- Paywall Success Stories - February 21, 2012
- Covering local politics - February 7, 2012
- Ad Design Forum - January 24, 2012
- Business Law Basics for Journalists - January 10, 2012
- Follow the Money: Reading Financial Statements - December 6, 2011
- Research: Filing FOI Requests - December 13, 2011
- Using Twitter for Journalists - November 15, 2011
- Video Story Forms - October 24, 2011
- Selling Results, Not Space - October 17, 2011
- Video shooting skills - September 13, 2011
- Journalists and the Law - April 7, 2011
- Magnificent Multimedia - April 5, 2011
- Digital Editions and Mobile Apps - March 8, 2011
- Enter to Win: Compelling Contests and Promotions - February 22, 2011
- Headline Writing on Any Platform - February 8, 2011
- Creative Ad Layouts - January 18, 2011
- Shoot to Thrill: Photography Skills - January 11, 2011
- Beyond Google: Tips on Better Research Skills - December 7, 2010
- Interviewing: Getting the Story - November 16, 2010
- Social Media Pt. 2 - Facebook and Beyond: Advanced Options - November 9, 2010
- Social Media Pt. 1 - Using Social Media the Right Way - October 19, 2010
- Better Beat Reporting: Digging for Features - September 21, 2010
- Digital Publishing: E-Editions - February 17, 2010 (Video)
- Building Better Ads - February 10, 2010 (Video)
- Ontario Small Claims Court Changes - January 27, 2010 (Video)
- Social media policy development - December 9, 2009 (PDF)
- Carbon Footprint - November 25, 2009 (PDF - large file)
- Headlines online: SEO for editors - October 28, 2009 (PDF)
- Writing Great Editorials - October 14, 2009 (PDF - Sample Editorials)
- Designing Reader Surveys - September 30, 2009
- Great Advertising Copywriting - September 16, 2009 (Windows Media Player Video)
- Hosting a Great Event - April 23, 2009
- What makes a Great Ad? - February 25, 2009 Suzanne Raitt Effectiveness Study
- Live Blogging - February 11, 2009 Steve Buttry - Handouts - Examples
- Format Reduction Webinar - January 28, 2009
- Award-Winning Writing - January 14, 2009
- Internet Measurement Progress and the Future - November, 2008
- Responsible Journalism Defense - November 12, 2008
- New Libel Defenses - November 12, 2008
- TV Book Options - October 22, 2008
- Moderating Readers Comments - October 8, 2008
- Business Literacy Webinar - January 17, 2008
- Fighting Publication Bans - October 16, 2007